Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Brush & Ink



I've been trying to paint a little recently. I've so far just done some copies of other artists' work, but hopefully I'll ease myself back into my old ways. It's been so long that my confidence isn't high enough to tackle original work, so it's just some reinterpretations for now.

The girl eating toast is from the comic Black Hole published by Kitchen Sink Press. The monkey (upper left) is from a blogger's business card (he said it was from a collection of free images). The sitting woman with her head on her knee is a Schiele from 1918.

The fun thing about posting them is that my camera has face detection software and the little box appeared for the two women, which is a vote of confidence in my art ;)

The monkey didn't get face detection. I'll head to the zoo and see if real monkeys get face detection. Then I'll know if I paint good monkeys.

B

No comments: