Wednesday, May 06, 2009

How I've Never Heard Red

Friday is blue some say
and others argue
how mauve is Thursday
but either way it is true
that an artist is eight times more likely
to be a synesthete than me or you
and that makes me wonder
is it in the DNA
a genetic gift from generation to generation
and a barrier to would be artists
who are without oddball notions
but in my strange way of thinking
I wonder, knowing that I'm not normal
will I force things together
or discover unique metaphor
will I be a great poet
or a hack with strange lines
that is to say
am I the right type of odd thinker


Assignment by Mary: Choose a color and write about it.

2 comments:

ollav said...

The workshop group liked the following two lines: "or a hack with strange lines" and "am I the right type of odd thinker"

Anonymous said...

Yep. So do I!