Monday, May 16, 2011

2 roads diverged in a yellow wood*

Consumed with thoughts from 3 in the morning
My mouth sometimes ran wild like my mind
Only hindered by my friend
Who said he didn't put much stock in thoughts of the night
Wait...until morning

It happens still
I sit awake
Snuggled closely with my love
But even in marriage we can be alone
Just for moments, but even in the best of company
we can be alone.
And I know it is the solution but i hate the thought of it
Wait...until morning

And though the fear is there
So to is an inspiration
A 3 am epiphany may scare the soul
question a lifetime.
Feeling so real, so novel, so right
and in that moment when you are sure it is genius
when you are ready to change it all
just remind yourself
in a still small voice
Wait...until morning



*"You have to be careful of that one; it's a tricky poem – very tricky."
-- Robert Frost on The Road Not Taken

originally composed 2011 May 4
read at Art House 2011 May 5
read at Symposia 2011 May 12

No comments: